Updated: Monday, March 30, 12:30pm
We have made the decision to suspend ALL face-to-face gatherings for worship, study, fellowship, and service through May 15, unless conditions change and we are advised that it is safe to resume gatherings earlier.
Whenever possible, we will look for ways to continue to build community in digital/remote ways during this difficult time. In many cases, we are using Zoom. To participate by video, you will need to set up a free Zoom account (requires only an email address and a few mouse clicks). Most meetings will also have a call-in option, which connects you by voice, but not video, and does not require an account.
- If you are not receiving daily updates from Pastor Bob, contact the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be added to our email database (check your spam/junk folders first!)
- If you lead a group, class, or meeting and want support getting it converted to an online format, contact Pastor Amy, email@example.com; call/text 828.455.9087.
- If you or someone you know needs assistance (errands run, medications picked up, transportation, food, etc.) OR if you are willing/able to help others in these types of ways, contact Patter Cross, firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 828.485.7442.
- If you or someone you know would appreciate a regular phone call to check up on you/them during this time of social isolation, contact Pastor Lori, email@example.com.
What's Happening Online
Tuesday, March 31
- 6:30am – Men’s Bible Study
- Link coming soon
- 7:00pm – CD Release Party (“Come Lay it Down”)
Wednesday, April 1
- 9:30am – Precept Upon Precept Women’s Study/Prayer Time
- https://zoom.us/j/314977787 or call 929-205-6099 and enter Meeting ID 314 977 787 to join by telephone audio
- 5:00pm – Confirmation Class
- https://zoom.us/j/552739641 or call 929-205-6099 and enter Meeting ID 552 739 641 to join by telephone audio
- 6:30pm – Wednesday Night Worship
Sunday, April 5
- 9:45am – Sunday School (some classes meet online)
- Children’s Lesson – coming soon
- Class links – coming soon
- 11:00am – Worship
- 12:15pm – Interest Meeting, Summer 2020 VT Mission Trip
- https://duke.zoom.us/j/549469617 or call 646-876-9923 and enter Meeting ID 549 469 617 to join by telephone audio
In Case You Missed It...
Wednesday Night Service – March 25 – Featuring worship, testimonies from Jenny Summers and Dr. Shirley Huffman, and Pastor Paul teaching on John 13.
Sunday Morning Service – March 22 – Featuring praise team, traditional hymns, a children’s message, and a sermon on Mark 13 from Pastors Bob & Paul
Wednesday Night Service – March 18 – Featuring worship, Dr. Phil Greene speaking on the coronavirus, and Pastor Paul teaching on John 9.
- NEW! CHILDREN’S CARD MINISTRY. Many of our senior members, especially those in nursing homes, are not allowed visitors and feel isolated. Sign up to send cards or artwork to brighten their day, bit.ly/2UzOi1u.
- NEW! HOSPITAL MEALS. Caldwell Memorial Hospital has set up a special respiratory unit (RDC) during the coronavirus outbreak. Sign up to provide lunch or snacks for the healthcare workers at bit.ly/3driVie.
- NEW! HOPE TO FOX RIDGE. Deliver food and toilet paper to an apartment complex just a few blocks from Corinth. To help, contact Lisa Propst (firstname.lastname@example.org or 828.455.4817).
- NEW! CALLING ON CORINTH. Call senior adults and others who might appreciate hearing a human voice while isolated. To help, contact Pastor Lori Blocker (email@example.com or 770.265.8017).
- NEW! PRAYER TEAM. If you would like to receive prayer requests from Corinth members and connections, especially those affected by the pandemic, email Pastor Bob Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want to help coordinate the prayer ministry, let me know that as well!
- MASKS. Sew handmade facemasks for healthcare workers. To help, contact Gigi Miller (email@example.com).