Property Technician (part time)
Corinth Reformed Church is seeking a motivated, skilled, experienced individual to create and sustain a safe, hospitable church environment through routine maintenance and repair work to the physical plant.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, independent worker, who also has the ability to function as a team member, and who has:
- Agreement with our church’s faith expressed in Article IV of the church constitution.
- Love for God and others, as demonstrated by a commitment to high standards of Christian living and service to God.
- Demonstrated skill set and experience working in a variety of areas of building and maintenance work.
- Ability to work, with reasonable accommodation, in a physically demanding job – climbing ladders, working under sinks or in crawl spaces, lifting up to 50lbs, etc.
- Awareness of licensing requirements and limitations, and ability to discern which tasks require a professional.
- Genuine love for and desire to minister in the church.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the church’s primary hands-on maintenance and repair worker for small jobs such as:
- Minor mechanical and hardware repairs
- Repairing and painting surfaces
- Routine plumbing repairs
- Replacing light fixtures and bulbs
- Installing/mounting projectors, banners, signs, televisions, etc.
- Cleaning gutters
- Caring for outdoor needs such as trash pickup, plant watering, and snow removal
- Cleaning and replacing HVAC filters
- Assist the Facilities Manager as requested to:
- Collect and remove trash and recycling
- Set up and tear down tables and chairs
- Partner with and oversee various contract workers
- Perform other duties determined by the Pastor and assigned supervisor, according to the gifts of the individual and the needs of the congregation and staff.