Corinth Reformed Church is seeking a friendly, outgoing, professional individual to serve as the first welcomer for callers and guests to our office.
The ideal candidate will be a warm, welcoming worker who thrives in a busy environment as part of a team. They will also have:
- Agreement with our church’s faith expressed in Article IV of the church constitution
- Love for God and others, as demonstrated by a commitment to high standards of Christian living and service to God.
- Excellent people skills, demonstrated in in-person, digital, and telephone communications
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with integrity
- Capability to learn, operate, and troubleshoot basic office equipment
- Aptitude for learning and using a variety of computer software programs
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping and accounting
- Genuine love for and desire to minister in the church
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors to the church office and answer the main phone line
- Perform secretarial duties (typing, filing, duplicating, etc.) as requested
- Perform or coordinate duties of weekly money counting and deposits
- Maintain records of church members and visitors, including records of attendance, birth, death, baptism, confirmation, membership, etc.
- Learn the essential aspects of the Office Manager’s duties in order to fill in during vacation or illness
- Learn the essential aspects of the Financial Secretary’s duties in order to fill in during vacation or illness
- Assist the Office Manager in preparing print materials, mailings, and other publications
- Record and acknowledge memorial gifts in a timely manner
- Conduct all church affairs in a confidential, professional manner
- Complete other work assignments as requested by Office Manager, according to the skills and abilities of the individual